The solar industry has fully developed over the last decade creating a large manufacturing market. This market has allowed for solar panels more affordable.
Solar Panel Options
Solar panel options vary by output, origin, aesthetics, and cost:
- Cost Competitive: Some Electrical supply houses keep UL listed overseas modules available at competitive pricing.
- Outputs range from 225W to 280W (60 cell).
- Origin: Depends on manufacturer. Typically China or Taiwan.
- Aesthetics: These panels are available in silver frame with blue cells or all black.
- Cost: This option is only recommended for consumers interested in taking advantage of low overseas pricing.
- American Made Solar: Solar World panels made in America are typically high quality and 5-10% more than over-seas solar panels.
- Output: Outputs range from 250W to 310W (60 cell).
- Origin: Sometimes panels are only partially made in America. check with the manufactorer for details.
- Aesthetics: Available in Black and Silver Frame.
- Cost: This solar panel is a bit more than our overseas panels, however the quality difference is noticeable. This option is recommended for all customers with plenty of available solar areas.
- High Performance American: LG NeON R Series, SunPower, Panasonic.
- Output: Outputs range from 300W to 360W.
- Origin: Current premium panels arent made in America, check with the manufacturer for origins.
- Aesthetics: These panels are typically Black framed with a black cell. SunPower and LG NeON R series have bus bars on the back of the cell giving and aesthetic advantage.
- Cost: This solar panel option is the highest cost of the three. This option is considered for customers with small available areas for solar panels.